OUTReels Diversity Education Program
Shifting Perspectives Through Thoughtful Discussions Inspired by Film
Since 2009, we have delivered over 300 diversity education workshops for thousands of Albertans, using film as a vehicle for learning, discussion and empathy.
Whether you'd like to host a screening for your high school class, university student group or seniors centre, we’ll come to you to facilitate a discussion on a topic of your choice. Our films, and the remarkable dialogue that follows, will stimulate, inspire, and foster compassion through understanding.
We’ll address any topic or issue that can make a difference to your community, such as:
- Transgender & Intersex Education
- LGBTQ2A+ Athletes
- Queer History
- Bullying (School & Workplace)
- Healthy Relationships (Dating & Family)
- Homosexuality & Faith
What Does OUTReels Do?
- We help to identify and educate on the LGBTQ2A+ educational issues that your community or classroom is experiencing.
- We recommend and provide films that stimulate discussion.
- We provide all necessary equipment for the screening, based on your venue's needs.
- We collaborate with you to design a powerful program and post film discussion that will leave a lasting impact on your community.
- We ensure your learning objectives are achieved during the screening and subsequent discussion.
What Do You Do?
- You discuss your goals with our staff to determine the best film and topic for the event.
- You provide the venue for the screening and equipment, if possible.
- You promote the event, ensuring your group/organization knows about the screening.
- You liaise with our Calgary Queer Arts Society staff on all other components of the screening.
OUTReels is offered FREE of charge for non-profit and charitable organizations.